Ehud Yaari, addressed an Australia/Israel & Jewish Affairs Council (AIJAC) luncheon in Melbourne on Monday 14 January 2013, touching on the following topics:
- Australia and Israel, including Woodside’s successful bid for developing Israel’s gas reserves (begins 02:20)
- Israel’s Elections on Jan. 22, 2013 (begins 05:15)
- Egypt and challenges for the region (begins 08:48)
- Syria (begins 16:59)
- Israel, the Palestinians and the Two State outcome (begins 18:53)
- Iran’s march towards nuclear weapons capability and American and Israeli strategy (begins 22:16)
An expert on the Middle East for almost 40 years, Yaari is an award wining political commentator for Israel’s Channel 2 news. He is also an associate editor of The Jerusalem Report and the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, and the Lafer international fellow of The Washington Institute. His published work has appeared in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Foreign Affairs, and Atlantic Monthly.