The Australia/Israel & Jewish Affairs Council (AIJAC) is the premier public affairs organisation for the Australian Jewish community.
AIJAC conveys the interests of the Australian Jewish community to government, media and other community organisations. Our dedicated professionals produce regular commentary and analysis on developments in the Middle East, Asia and Australia.
AIJAC endeavours to highlight and counteract instances of anti-Israel bias and misinformation in the Australian media and wider public debate.
AIJAC seeks to be part of efforts to further Australia’s development as a tolerant and harmonious multicultural society and identify and expose forms of extremism and fundamentalism.
AIJAC has exposed incidents of racism and antisemitism in Australia and online, often acting in concert with other ethnic community organisations, as well as suggesting to governments possible legislative and educative measures to counteract the pernicious effects of racism.
Some of AIJAC’s activities include:
- A renowned visitor program, bringing international speakers to private and public events around Australia and New Zealand;
- AIJAC’s Rambam Israel Fellowship program annually sponsors visits to Israel by selected senior journalists, politicians, political advisers, senior public servants and student leaders;
- AIJAC Forum unites young professionals with a desire to get involved in our activities in our nation’s capital and around the country;
- Our monthly magazine Australia/Israel Review (or AIR) highlights developments in the Middle East affecting Israel and public policy issues of interest to the Australian Jewish community. It is available in both a print edition and digital edition for tablet devices. Selected articles are available here.
- Update from AIJAC is our free and highly regarded email news and commentary service, featuring informed opinion and analysis sourced from a wide variety of international outlets. Updates are issued usually every 2-3 days to registered subscribers and posted concurrently on the web. You can register for the Updates here.
AIJAC also has an active association with the American Jewish Committee in a global partnership designed to bring about a greater understanding of the issues and challenges lying ahead for world Jewry.
AIJAC experts play important roles in international human rights activity, interfaith dialogue and increasing understanding of Israel and related issues.